At each successive step of the product development process, the cost of rectifying a problem increases tenfold. You certainly wouldn’t want to find that your product has an unacceptable first-pass yield after you have handed it off to manufacturing. It is better to find and fix DFM issues as part of the design phase or at least in the proto stage. By applying DFM rules at the beginning we can identify design violations, rate those violations, and optimize the design. We then review each violation and help you asses which violations must be corrected and which ones we can live with. In an ideal world, all issues will be identified and corrected. We don’t live in an ideal world and sometimes it is not practical. In those cases, wouldn’t it be helpful to locate, identify, assess and quantify the risks ahead of time.
- Concurrent DFM verification incorporating manufacturing optimization into your PCB design process, enhancing fabrication and assembly process-compliance during layout.
- For rigid, flexible and rigid/flex PCBs, including HDI and packaging substrates.
- More than 700 PCB DFM analysis checks, covering:
- Substrate manufacturing
- BOM & AVL validation
- Assembly & test processes
- Assembly panel checking
- Minimizes the number of revision spins to bring a new design to production release
- Lowers total product cost by enabling automated DFM early in the design and NPI process
- Improves the reliability of a design by locating manufacturing risks to be managed ahead of the production processes
- Provides the interface between design and manufacture to ensure smooth transition to production
- Reduces the amount of time spent on manufacturing “call-backs”
- Works with all major PCB layout tools